myads

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Savinelli Tundras

I recently purchased this Savinelli Tundra in my favorite shape 320EX. They call the stem material "Butterscotch Cumberland". I think it is more like "OOPS!". The entire finish looks like someone at Savinelli had a few too many drinks at lunch and spilled some stains. It is nice to look at but certainly not the elegance that I have seen in other finishes.

Nonetheless, the 320EX shape is one that I am trying to collect. It seems to perform very well and the wide bowl top allows for a huge burning ember. I can easily make one of these pipes smoke for two hours, especially with a broken flake cut blend like Rattray's "Old Gowrie". They also feel comfortable in the hand and the thick walls provide a very cool smoke. The balance is just right so you can clench it without suffering from jaw fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment